We know, every high school, college or university student needs some good, interesting political science research topics. After all, your grade depends a lot on the quality of the topic you choose. Your professor expects you to submit a well researched and well written essay on a topic that piques his interest. Finding such a topic can be much more difficult than you imagine.
The good news is that our writers and editors have created a list of unique political science research topics for students of all ages. Why don’t you take a look at our list of ideas and pick one right now?
Choosing the Best Political Science Topics Possible
If you are looking for the best and most interesting political science topics, you have arrived at the right place. Choosing the topics that can earn you top grades is now easier than ever. All you have to do is go through our list (you have 16 categories to choose from) and pick the topics you like. All our topics are unique at the time this list was created. And the good news is that we are updating this list frequently to make sure we can help as many students as possible with original ideas. Also, our topics can be used for free. You don’t have to pay for them or give us credit, so why don’t you pick one right now:
A Hot Political Topic
If you are looking for a hot political topic, you can find several of them right here. Take a look at our list and pick any one of our topics:
- Civil rights controversies in the United Kingdom
- Freedom of speech in the United States
- Talk about abortion and its political implications
- Social security issues in Australia
- Climate change and politics
- Discuss the death penalty in the US
- Censorship in China
- Social security issues in African countries
- Who should benefit from health insurance?
- Should we adopt an universal minimum income?
Political Science Research Questions
- Our creative writers though about some interesting political science research questions that you can answer in your next research paper:
- What is the state authority?
- What is a totalitarian government?
- Is Vladimir Putin a dictator?
- What are the benefits of a democratic government?
- Why do we study political science in school?
- What is comparative politics?
- How do social changes influence the politics in your country?
- What is communism?
- What are the negative effects of anarchism?
- Where does political power come from in the United States?
- Is a dictatorship the same as a monarchy?
- What makes a ruler a dictator?
Conflicts in Politics Ideas
Would you like to write an essay about conflicts in politics? We have some very interesting conflicts in politics ideas right here:
- What are political disputes?
- The best way to settle a political dispute
- An in-depth look at the Vietnam War
- How did the war in Afghanistan start?
- The conflict between Joe Biden and Donald Trump
- Propaganda techniques during political wars
- Free speech and hate speech in political conflicts
- Controversial aspects of a recent political conflict
- Conflicts between politics and religion
- Donald Trump versus Barack Obama
Easy Political Topics to Write About
We know you want to spend as little time as possible on your research paper. This is why we have compiled an original list of easy political topics to write about for you:
- What are the traits of a career politician?
- Discuss the concept of “political careerists”
- What makes Saddam Hussein a dictator?
- The story of Jimmy Carter
- The life and achievements of Barack Obama
- A Joe Biden biography
- How did Arnold Schwarzenegger become a politician?
- News coverage of elections in the UK
- Analyze the relations between the US and North Korea
- Compare and contrast liberalism and republicanism
International Relations Research Topics
Of course, we have some awesome topics related to international relations. Pick one of these international relations research topics and start working on your paper:
- Relations between North and South Korea
- An in-depth look at the Cold War period
- Russia-China relations in 2023
- China-US relations in 2023
- What caused the war in Afghanistan?
- The effects of nationalism in Germany
- Foreign policies of Eastern European countries towards Russia
- Discuss the rise in international terrorism
- Protecting the environment globally
- Analyze one of the many religious wars
American Government Research Paper Topics
We have some of the best and most interesting American government research paper topics right here. You’re free to use any one of them:
- What caused the American revolution?
- Politics during the Civil War
- Discuss Republican traditions in the US
- An in-depth look at election fraud in the United States
- Disaster response in the US
- What drives African American politicians?
- Analyze American federal crime law
- The US foreign policy in 2023
- Discuss the Cold War
Interesting Political Science Research Topics
We know you want to get the most interesting political science research topics possible. Here is the complete list of ideas:
- Discuss the constitutional vision of John Rohr
- Analyze The Republic written by Plato
- Research the politics in Ancient Rome
- An in-depth analysis of the politics of Ancient Greece
- Compare and contrast utilitarianism with egalitarianism
- Analyze Social Contract (written by Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
- Discuss the unequal relation between the public and the government
Public Law Topics
Interested in writing about public law? Of course, we have plenty of public law topics that you can use for your next essay:
- Analyze constitutional law in your country
- The peculiarities of administrative law in the United States
- Differences between procedural law and private law in the UK
- Tax law and criminal law versus private law
- Discuss the role of mandatory rules in public law
- Discuss the “public bodies act lawfully” principle of public law
- Do all central and local governments have to obey public law?
- What is the difference between public and private law in the US?
Comparative Politics Research Topics
We are certain your professor will surely appreciate any of our comparative politics research topics. Take a look at the list and pick the one you like the most:
- Talk about conflict and revolution in the United States
- Analyze 2 comparative parties in your country
- What are comparative political institutions?
- Define the concept of comparative politics
- Compare politics in the United States with politics in the United Kingdom
- Discuss direct and indirect binary comparisons
- Talk about the modernization theory
Good Political Topics
This is a list of good political topics that should work great in 2023:
- Analyze the national politics of a country of your choice
- Why are international relations important for political science?
- What gives legitimacy and authority in a democratic state?
- Discuss political participation in your country
- Compare and contrast political science with pure history
- Factors that influence political behavior in the United States
Political Theory Research Topics
Yes, we know that talking about political theory is not easy. However, we have some political theory research topics that are relatively easy to write about:
- An in-depth analysis of the Agrarianism political theory
- An in-depth analysis of the Egalitarianism theory
- Discuss the Phoenicianism political theory
- What is Libertarian socialism and where can we find it?
- Research the topic of Zionism in 2023
- Compare and contrast socialism with communism in Eastern Europe
- Analyze 3 forms of government in use today
Current Research Topics in Political Science
Keeping up with the current events in politics may not be something you have time for. We do. Check out these current research topics in political science:
- Talk about the innovations in the public sector in the UK
- Analyze the 2019 Indian general elections
- The Israel-Hamas conflict in 2023
- Russia’s foreign policy towards Ukraine
- Discuss the rise of ISIS in Afghanistan
- Boko Haram’s expansion in Nigeria
- The American retreat from Afghanistan
- The US foreign policy towards China
- Analyze the India-China border dispute
Informative Political Science Research Paper Topics
Our writers have put together a list of highly interesting and informative political science research paper topics. Check them out below:
- Compare parliamentary and presidential democracy
- Discuss the apartheid in South Africa
- An in-depth look at the Vietnam War politics
- The effects of the Syrian conflict
- Imperialism in British Columbia
- Colonialism in African countries
- Discuss the Human Rights Act 1998 and its implications
Fresh Political Science Research Topic Ideas
Take a look at our fresh political science research topic ideas and choose the one that suits you best:
- Talk about the retreat of American troops from Afghanistan
- Talk about Joe Biden’s victory against Donald Trump
- Analyze a totalitarian government
- How did Vladimir Putin win 4 terms as president in Russia?
- The politics behind the Israeli-Palestinian war
- Discuss the role of mass media in political conflicts
Controversial Topics for a Political Science Research Paper
Why would you be afraid of talking about controversial topics? We have a list of easy controversial topics for a political science research paper right here for you:
- Discuss signs of election fraud in the United States
- Gender equality in politics
- The climate change problem across the world
- Politics and empty promises
- The use of influence in politics
- Are politicians above the law in the US?
Public Administration Topics
There are many things you can talk about when it comes to public administration. However, we feel that these public administration topics usually get high grades:
- Discuss public service motivation in the United States
- What is performance-related pay and how is it used?
- Civil service reform in the UK
- Analyze the public organizational behavior in your country
- Community service in your county
- Public administration and its link to social equity
- Sustainability projects in public administration
- Public administration: traits of a true leader
- Crisis management procedures in your area
Need Some Exceptional Paper Writing Help?
Our company has the ENL writers and the editors you need if you need an awesome political science research paper. Wait, what? Can you guys write my paper? Sure we can! We have been offering students superior paper writing help for more than a decade. We have some of the most experienced academic writers you can find. They will write you an in depth essay fast and for a very affordable price.
If you need any kind of help with the research or the writing part of your research paper, you just need to get in touch with our experts. Your teacher will surely appreciate our hard work, so you should expect a top grade on your next paper. Let’s discuss your project right now (24/7 customer support)!