If you are reading this, you are probably looking for the best music research topics for your next essay. Truth be told, choosing the right topic is very important. It can make the difference between a B and an A, or even between an A and an A+. Unfortunately, choosing the best topics is not as simple as you think. Even though the internet is full of music research topics, most of them are plain and, quite frankly, boring.
Your professor wants more than this. Let’s see why you need the most interesting topics and where you can find them. Of course, you are free to use any of our 100 topics for free and even reword them as you see fit. Read on!
Choosing Good Music Research Topics
By now, you are probably wondering why everyone keeps telling you to come up with the best music topics. The truth is that there are many, many benefits to choosing an awesome topic. Here are just some of them, so you can get a better idea of the importance of a great idea:
- Excellent music research paper topics show your professor that you really did your best to get a top grade.
- A good topic is one that you know much about. It should be relatively easy to you to research it and to write about it.
- An awesome topic will pique the interest of your professor and will keep him or her reading. You will often get bonus points for this.
- Great topics make you stand out from your classmates. Your professor will notice you, and the grade will reflect this.
Where Can You Find Decent Music Topics?
Finding amazing music research topics is easier said than done. Yes, the Internet is full of websites that are offering ideas. There are even websites where you can buy bundles of topics. However, the music argumentative essay topics you will get from these websites are not of the highest quality. Most of them are actually quite boring. And remember, you classmates are probably searching for music history research paper topics on the same websites as you do. You want your research topics on music or book review topics to be original, so your professor can have a reason to award your paper some bonus points. The best place to get excellent music topics to write about is this page. The list of ideas is updated frequently, so you can get an original topic for free right now.
Music History Research Topics
Are you looking for the most interesting music history research topics? If you do, just pick one from our list for free:
- How did the Catholic church influence Renaissance music?
- Social issues described in Baroque-period music.
- Analyze the evolution of Romantic-era music.
- How did the Baroque Opera come to be?
- Who invented Medieval music and when?
- Why has western music almost disappear in the last 10 years?
- Analyze the evolution of music in the Classical era.
- Analyzing violin music performance during the Romantic Era.
Music Argument Topics
Are you looking to find an argument and support it? Then you absolutely need to check out our exceptional list of music argument topics:
- Music today is better than music in the 90s.
- The most lucrative career for a musician.
- Music helps you memorize faster.
- The most popular kind of metal music.
- The evolution of blues songs over the last 30 years.
- Music helps children develop faster.
- Hip-hop is a misunderstood music genre.
- Jazz music is not obsolete.
Music Theory Topics
Interested in writing about music theory? Our amazing academic writers have put together a list of music theory topics for you:
- Analyze the most important aspects of modern music.
- Classical music has specific medical applications.
- Hidden symbols in Renaissance-period music.
- The unique features of Baroque-age music.
- Analyze the evolution of music in the Baroque era.
- The best music compositors in the Romantic era.
- Remarkable characteristics of Romantic-age songs.
- The peculiarities of Asian modern music.
Music Industry Topics
Writing about the music industry can be fun and entertaining. Your professor will love it. Pick one of our music industry topics and start writing:
- What do you associate rock music with and why?
- Should the music industry pay songwriters more?
- How does illegal pirating of songs affect the music industry?
- Do music sharing sites help new artists become famous.
- Analyze the evolution of music labels in the US.
- What differentiates a music label from all others?
- Music talent shows and their effects on a musician’s career.
- The difficulties of signing a contract with a major music label in the US.
Research Paper Topics on Music for High School
Are you a high school student? In this case, you will need our research paper topics on music for high school:
- The best compositors of the Baroque Era.
- What differentiates modern music from classical music?
- Notable women in classical music.
- Analyze the evolution of music in the Modern age.
- How was Beethoven’s music influenced by his loss of hearing?
- How would our world be without music?
- Does music cause negative effects on US teens?
Music Thesis Topics
Writing a thesis about music is not easy. In fact, it can be one of the most difficult projects in your academic career. Start right now by choosing one of the best music thesis topics:
- What made a musician stand out in the Baroque Age?
- The most notable musical experiments in the Classical age.
- Comparing Renaissance and Medieval music styles.
- Analyze the evolution of music in the Renaissance age.
- How did royalty in the UK benefit from music in the Renaissance era?
- Discuss a folk song from the Renaissance age.
- Differences between Asian and European classical music.
Music Controversial Topics
Music, like most other disciplines, has plenty of controversial topics you can talk about. Don’t waste any time and pick one of these music controversial topics:
- Does digital music cut the profits of musicians?
- Who owns the intellectual property to a song?
- The difficulties of getting songwriting credit.
- Illegal downloads are changing the music industry.
- Should music education still be included in the curriculum?
- Analyze medieval liturgical music.
- Music should be free for everyone to download and use.
Persuasive Speech Topics About Music
Are you required the write a persuasive speech about music? If you are, you may need a bit of help. Pick one of these persuasive speech topics about music (updated for 2021):
- Music has a significant effect on advertising.
- The changes rap music has brought to the US culture.
- Indie is a term that should not apply to music.
- Metal music should be banned from the US.
- Does listening to music have a great influence on mental health?
- The amazing evolution of music in the Medieval age.
- People should be free to listen to the music they like for free.
- The fashion industry wouldn’t be where it is today without music.
Easy Topics About Music
Perhaps you don’t want to spend 5 or 6 hours writing the research paper. You need an easier topic. Choose one of these easy topics about music and write the essay fast:
- How can one become a symbol of modern music?
- My favorite singer today.
- Which musician from the past would you bring back to life and why?
- Do politics influence modern music?
- Compare and contrast two music genres.
- Analyze the evolution of music in the modern age in the United States.
- The side effects of turning the volume too loud.
- How is classical music used in Disney movies?
Music Education Research Topics
Are you interested in talking about music education? Perhaps you’ll have some suggestions to make after you’ve done the research. Just choose one of the music education research topics below:
- Can E-Learning be applied to music education?
- Can music teachers offer distance learning services?
- The advantages and disadvantages of Zoom music lessons.
- Why are music worksheets so important for high school students?
- How did the Internet change music education?
- Why are modern music studies so important?
- Should we learn more about Asian music in school?
- How can students learn music while respecting COVID19 measures?
Highly Interesting Music Topics
We know you want a top grade on your next music research paper. We advise you to select one of these highly interesting music topics and surprise your professor:
- How did pop music came to existence and why?
- Analyze the history of hip-hop music.
- Compare metal music with classical music.
- Why is rock music so popular in the United Kingdom?
- Which song would best present our species to aliens?
- Compare and contrast Korean and Chinese music.
- Analyze the popular themes of Japanese music.
- The stunning rise of K-pop bands.
Informative Speech Topics About Music
It’s difficult to find good informative speech topics about music these days. If you want to stand out from the rest of your classmates, choose one of our topics:
- Discuss the ideas presented in romantic music.
- What do people who appreciate classic music have in common?
- Analyze the most popular Bach music.
- Describe the role of market music in the Baroque era.
- Analyze the evolution of European music.
- Ways to make classical music popular with teens in the UK.
- Discuss the most popular musical instrument in the Classical age.
Music Essay Topics for College
Are you a college student? If you want an A+ on your next research paper, use one of these music essay topics for college students:
- Does modern music contain medieval themes?
- Analyze a song from the Renaissance age.
- Why is blues music so important for our culture?
- Who invented the blues genre and when?
- Analyze the evolution of American folk music.
- Most popular names in Baroque-age songs.
- Modern interpretations of medieval songs.
- Listening to blues music can lead to depression.
Need some more music history paper topics? Or perhaps you need a list of music related research topics to choose from for your thesis. Our best paper writer can help you in no time. Get in touch with us and we guarantee that we will find the perfect music topic for your needs. You will be well on your way to getting the A+ you need. Give us a try and get an amazing research topic on music in 10 minutes or less!