Did you know that your professor will most likely award you bonus points simply because you came up with the most literary research paper topics? Or that writing essays on the best literary research paper topics is quicker than writing about other topics? Our list of literary analysis topics, literary analysis research paper topics and English literature topics is exactly what you need. All the topics are completely free to use and entirely original. We are working hard to update the list periodically to make sure we can help as many students as possible.
The Ultimate Literary Research Paper Topics List
Stop searching all over the Internet for excellent literary essay topics. Take a look at our list of literary topics and pick the one you like right now. We have plenty of topics for literary analysis split into different categories, so high school and college students can easily find what they are looking for, not matter if it’s rhetorical analysis essay or a paper related to specific period in literature. In addition, our literature topics are fresh. In other words, they are a great option in 2021. Get the best topics in literature in mere minutes right here (literary debate topics included).
Top 10 Literature Topics
Take a look at our list of the best 10 literary analysis essay topics ever and select the one you like. Remember, all these topics are original (at the time of writing):
- Describe literature as a part of the modern culture.
- Daoism in modern Chinese literature.
- Feminism in contemporary literature.
- Don Quixote’s most important personality traits.
- How did literature help advance human culture?
- 21st century poetry.
- Charles Dickens and picture in the Victorian period.
- Gender issues in European literature.
- Difference between villains and antiheroes in modern literature.
- Psychology and its link to literature.
British Literature Research Paper Topics
Are you interested in writing something interesting about British literature? If so, you may be interested in some of our amazing British literature research paper topics:
- Cultures influenced by British literature.
- Describe the peculiarities of the Orphans theme.
- Compare two characters from 2 British literary works.
- Utopian civilization in British literature.
- Gender issues in British literary works.
- What makes a book a classic?
- Lake Poets and the Romantic Movement in British literature.
- Oliver Twist: individualism and collectivism.
Interesting Literature Topics
Did you know that if you manage to surprise or impress your professor, you will most often get some bonus points? To achieve this, just choose one of these interesting literature topics:
- Macbeth and the supernatural theme.
- Social issues in modern literature.
- Describe two masterpieces of contemporary literature.
- Ethnicity in modem literature.
- What is formalism in literature?
- An in-depth Solomon Northrup biography.
Easy British Literature Essay Topics
We know, you want to write an interesting essay about British literature but don’t want to spend 4 days on it. Here are some easy British literature essay topics you will surely appreciate:
- Discuss the Harry Potter books.
- The loss of innocence motif (Lord of the Flies by William Golding)
- Detective novels and their rise in popularity.
- Analyze the three witches in Macbeth.
- Describe the theme of class demarcation.
- World War I: the use of violent imagery in novels.
Research Topics in English Literature
Do you want some of the best research topics in English literature on the Internet? You are in luck. We have some fresh topics that would work great in 2021:
- Compare two of your favorite classis books.
- What makes your favorite book so interesting?
- Describe your favorite character in a book.
- The best 5 authors in modern times.
- Why has Harry Potter became so important?
- Describe your favorite poet.
Western Literature Topics
Writing about Western literature can be a thrilling experience. Here are some topic ideas to choose from:
- Compare and contrast 3 literary devices.
- Artificial language in The Lord of the Rings.
- The Bildungsroman genre: what is it?
- Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner: Top 3 themes
- Discuss the novel Tom Jones by Henry Fielding.
- Paradise Lost’s influence on the modern novel
Literary Argument Topics
If you want to write a literary argument but don’t know where to start, we recommend you select one of these easy literary argument topics and start writing the paper today:
- The Genesis myth in literature of the 17th century.
- Analyze the poems by Thomas Hardy and identify the love and loss motifs.
- Describe the peculiarities of rustic writing.
- Gender in gothic novels.
- Space age in literature of the 21st century.
- Effects of mass print on Renaissance literature.
American Literature Research Paper Topics
Don’t postpone writing the American literature essay. We know you don’t know where to start, so we have put together a list of awesome American literature research paper topics just for you:
- In-depth analysis of Colonial-period literature.
- Puritan themes in Jonathan Edwards’ sermons.
- Analyze Edith Wharton’s The Age of Innocence.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings: The power of education.
- Ernest Hemingway’s Old Man and the Sea: unbreakable spirit
- James Weldon Johnson’s The Creation: God’s humanity
Easy American Literature Topics
In case you want to write an essay about American literature but don’t want to spend too much time on it, we have some very interest and very easy American literature topics for students:
- Discuss Latin American literature.
- Top three literary devices in Moby Dick.
- Discuss the main theme in Hamlet.
- Eastern and Western literature: Similarities and differences
- Discuss the contemporary literary theory.
- Peculiarities of the personality of Don Quixote
Literary Analysis Paper Topics
Let’s face it: writing literary analysis essay can be a very difficult thing to do, especially if you don’t have academic writing experience. To make things easier for you, we’ve compiled a list of original literary analysis paper topics:
- Analyze your favorite book.
- Contrast two characters in your favorite literary work.
- Analyze the historical context of your favorite book.
- Analyze the main idea of a literary work of your choice.
- An in-depth analysis of the cultural context of a book.
- She significance of Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy.
Are you interested in European literature? Don’t worry, we have some excellent topic ideas you can choose from right now:
- Discuss Henrik Ibsen.
- The peculiarities of Medieval European literature.
- Analyze major divisions in literature in Europe.
- The impact of European literature on modern literature.
- Discuss The Epic of Gilgamesh
- Discuss symbolism in European literature.
American Literature Research Topics for College
College students should pick more complex topics to write their essays about. Our skilled writers managed to create a list of American literature research topics for college students that are entirely original:
- Compare American and European literature.
- Compare American and Asian literature.
- Women in American literature.
- Critical issues in American literature.
- Comedy in American literature.
- War and peace in American literature.
Literary Journalism Topics
Interested in writing about literary journalism? We will make things as easy as possible for you. Just select one of these unique literary journalism topics and start working on your paper in minutes:
- Adventure as a form of creative nonfiction.
- Write a story about a famous crime.
- Write the biography of your favorite writer.
- Write a sporting story.
- Discuss a political event.
- Write about the history of an important invention.
World Literature Research Topics
It can be pretty tough to write a great essay on one of the many world literature research topics. Fortunately for you, we have some interesting ideas that don’t require extensive research:
- Compare Chinese and Japanese literary works.
- The differences between European and Chinese literature.
- Similarities between Iliad and Odyssey,
- Compare two Indian anti-British literary works.
- How did Marx and Engels influence European literature?
- Supernatural and spirituality in American literature.
Do you like poetry? If you do, you are most likely interested in writing an essay about it. Here are some great ideas that will get you started (all poetry topics are 100% original):
- Discuss Sylvia Plath’s poems.
- The Flowers of Evil by Charles Baudelaire
- What is prose poetry?
- Interesting features of the Sonnets (Shakespeare)
- Allen Ginsberg’s influence on poetry
- Allusions in modern poetry.
Eastern literature has some unique traits that you won’t find anywhere else. If you are intrigued about this and want to write about Eastern literature, pick one of the topics below:
- A biography of Khalil Gibran.
- Discuss peculiarities of Jewish literature.
- Turkish literary devices.
- Motifs in Aladdin.
- Daoism philosophy in Chinese works.
- Compare Arabic and Chinese poetry.
Need More Help?
We know that some students want even more interesting topics. Or perhaps you want some complex topics that will surprise your professor. Our writers are here to help you with anything you need. We can send you another list of literary research paper topics in no time. Each and every topic will be original, so you can safely use any of them without having to worry about plagiarizing anything.
In addition to literature research topics, we can help you with all sorts of writing, editing and proofreading services. Our experienced academic paper writers have written thousands of academic papers in any format and on any topic you can imagine. We have the skills and the experience to help you find complex literary topics for research paper and write an essay that will get you the A+ you need.