Popular culture essay topics are interesting and exciting to read about. They have mass appeal and most people can relate to them. Pop culture can take different media forms. It can range from comic books to films about superheroes. The list can also include fashion, social media, and slang.
As such, selecting pop culture topics to write about is not easy for some students. Although learners have many ideas to consider, they should think carefully before they start to research and write. Pop culture is often criticized for being superficial and primitive. Some people think it’s from indie groups. But, how justifiable are these beliefs? These are some of the issues that can form the basis of popular culture topics for essays. But, if struggling to choose what to write about, here is a list of popular culture topics to consider.
Argumentative Popular Culture Essay Topics
Most people love reading argumentative essays. However, writing argumentative essays on pop culture topics is not easy. It requires skills and time. Here are some of the topics to consider if you want to write an argumentative essay about pop culture.
- Popular television shows do not portray what society considers important
- Social media does not affect the movies that we watch
- Globalization does not affect the pop culture
- Globalization affects pop culture significantly
- Social media affects movies significantly
- Social ideas and pop culture do not have a connection
- Popular culture is defined by social ideals
- Celebrities influence the buying decisions of most people
- Most people will buy a product that is sold by a celebrity
- The popularity of soap operas will keep rising
- Soap operas are no longer part of the popular culture
- Music connects people and other music topics
- Connecting with people that listen to different music style is not easy
- Music can connect even people that listen to different genres
- The internet does not affect what people enjoy
- The internet affects what people like
- Artists with a low following should watch everything they do and say
- Artists should not worry about younger followers that mimic what they do and say
- Weather channels should be an aspect of popular culture
- Disney princesses affect young girls positively
When writing on any of these pop culture argumentative essay topics, students should be persuasive and provide relevant examples. What’s more, they should be logical in their thinking to convince readers to believe their viewpoints.
Topics about Culture and Science
It’s not easy for some people to think that science and popular culture can merge. However, some topics touch on both science and popular culture. If looking for a pop culture topic that allows you to talk about science, consider these ideas.
- Some scenes in pop culture films are accurate
- Experiments from Frankenstein can be conducted today
- Some experiments from Frankenstein can be conducted in the future
- Pluto should be considered as a planet in the current age
- Evolution is real when viewed from a pop culture’s perspective
- Evolution is a myth when viewed from a pop culture’s perspective
- Discuss the popular existential crises attitudes in the 21st century
- What can humans learn from watching television about neuroscience?
- What parallels can be drawn from Huxley’s Brave New World with the current drug industry?
- How does the Gattaca movie resemble current genetic editing
- Discuss the popular attitudes towards 21st-century space exploration
- Discuss changes in the evolution’s opinion in the popular culture over the centuries
- What are the most common objections to eating meat as popular culture?
- Can popular culture be studied in science professions by academics?
- How has the perception of healthy eating changed?
- How does popular culture portray scientific questions with a link to existential philosophy?
- What is the effect of climate change movies on impact reduction?
- Has the understanding of the solar system and stars been changed by popular science?
- Discuss the popular objections that some people have towards vegetarianism
- Why is the inclusion of popular culture references in academics wrong?
This list also has some of the best pop culture debate topics. Nevertheless, you should pick the idea to write about carefully. That’s because some ideas are the basis of controversial pop culture topics. As such, you must also convey contrary opinions and take a stance when writing your essay.
Social Issues and Culture Topics
Some pop culture essay topics tie with some social issues. A topic is popularized by society. That’s why most films, television programs, and books focus on social issues. Therefore, good pop culture topics are relatable to most people. Here are some of the best social issues and pop culture paper topics to consider.
- Popular culture implication on dumbing down the youth
- Racism and popular culture over the last century
- Impact of the popular culture on the moral compass
- Why some religions are popular than others
- Which are the most popular religions?
- Why does free speech stress some people in today’s society?
- Discuss the impact of social media on popular movements in society
- Analyze the current popular culture and consumer behavior trends
- Analyze popular culture and consumer behavior in the past 100 years
- Discuss the changing landscape in the popular culture and gender equality
- How does popular culture represent terrorism
- Discuss changes in terrorism representation over the past years
- What are the most popular clans in the world?
- What is the influence of popular clans?
- Discuss the changing attitudes towards gender equality
- How is the moral landscape changing?
- What are the most influential cults in popular societies
- How has feminism affected popular culture?
- How does pop culture create apathy in modern society
- How does homosexual attitude differ in society due to popular culture?
These pop culture research paper topics touch on social issues too. They show that popular culture is an important aspect of society. Students can focus on these pop culture research topics to show that this essential aspect can cause or solve issues in society.
Controversial Pop Culture Topics for Research Papers
Some popular culture research topics are generally controversial. Writing about such topics entails addressing the controversy that is witnessed almost every day by students. Nevertheless, writing about controversial American pop culture topics, for instance, requires analytical skills. Here are examples of topics in this category.
- The government should ban some countercultures
- Some cartoons are catchy and bright- Discuss with Toy Story in mind
- Products of pop culture bend the present-day youth’s aesthetic perception
- Social media activity should be moderated strictly
- Some old music and books are better than some of the modern bestsellers
- Most people criticize some products of pop culture for being trash
- Celebrities should be accountable for racist messages
- Most celebrities include sexist messages in their work
- Parents should be attentive to the music listened to by their kids
- Reading comic books can cause a superficial perception of daily reality
It’s crucial to remember that you should always be ethical when writing about controversial popular culture topics. That means you should focus on making a strong argument with sufficient evidence when writing your paper or essay.
Interesting Culture Speech Topics
Some educators ask students to write speeches on global and American popular culture topics. These topics can also be great for debates. Here are examples of topics that learners can choose for their speeches.
- Negatives and positive effects of popular culture on young people
- How pop culture can influence the current generation’s moral code
- How the values of feminists are represented in contemporary cartoons
- How pop culture denounces gender inequality
- How popular culture promotes gender inequality
- Discuss religious conflicts in pop culture
- Explain the influence of pop culture on consumer behavior
- How does pop culture lead to political apathy?
- Is pop culture the reason why society has accepted homosexuality?
- How is the fight against terrorism represented in popular culture?
These are great culture research topics that can also be great for speeches and debates. Nevertheless, they also require research to come up with detailed facts and present them properly.
Extraordinary Culture Essay Topics
Students that like thinking outside the box should pick extraordinary popular culture research paper topics. Here are examples of such topics.
- Traveling is part of the modern popular culture
- Pop culture is important for modern education
- What is McDonaldization?
- Discuss the American history representation in modern television series
- Compare the portrayal of yakuza in Western and Asian pop culture
- Contrast the portrayal of yakuza in Western and Asian pop culture
- Contrast pop culture and folk culture
- Contrast pop culture and folk culture
- How has the childhood concept been changed by pop culture?
- How has popular culture influenced the global economy?
- Explain your relationship with the popular culture phenomenon
- What is Black Dandyism?
- Discuss the pop art principles
- Explain ethical problems using pop culture’s technologies
- What role do anime and manga play in modern popular culture?
- How does American popular culture affect the rest of the world?
- How is the US criminal justice system represented in pop culture?
- How are the US courts represented in pop culture?
- Discuss a famous historical personality in pop culture
- How is the mentality of children influenced by their faith in superheroes?
Students can choose from a wide range of global, Asian, or American culture topics. However, it’s crucial to pick a pop culture topic that a learner is interested in. Our term paper writers are here to help. They make writing a paper or essay interesting and easy.