The best way to write a good mental health research paper is to select a topic that you will enjoy working on. If you are looking for some interesting mental health research paper topics to work on, here is a list of 60 ideas to choose from.
Perfect for students as well as experts these topics have ample scope to experiment, share ideas and arguments on, and find substantial evidence to support your view. Take a look –
Mental Health Topics for Research Paper
When you are writing a paper for a graded assignment, it is important to have some great research paper topics about mental health to pick from. Here are some to consider –
- Mental traumas from physical injuries and how to help recover
- Resilience building – why is it important for children?
- Friendships in men and how they contribute to mental health?
- The role of parenting in building good mental health in children
- What is normal emotional health and mental functioning?
- Anti-depressants and their side effects.
- Indicators suggesting medication for depression can be stopped
- Effects of colors on mental health
- How and why does lack of sleep effect emotional mental health?
- Effect of exercise on a patient’s mental health
- Effective methods to boost brain health and emotional quotient as we age
- Mental health developmental stages in children from birth to 5 years of age
- Why is play important for mental health in children
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – what causes it and how to manage?
- ADHD — how to identify if someone has it?
Critical Analysis Research Paper Topics in Mental Health
For psychology students looking for effective research paper topics mental health offers many arenas for critical analysis. Here are some good topics to pick from –
- Relevance of Freud in modern day psychiatry
- Abortion care – the ethics and the procedures to facilitate emotional wellbeing
- Are women facing more mental health issues than men?
- Suicide – The reasons, trauma, and dealing with it
- How does peer pressure change mental wellness and how to deal with it?
- Effect of child abuse on toddlers’ mental health and resilience
- Does Obesity affect mental health?
- Is the damage on mental health caused by sexual abuse permanent?
- Hormonal imbalances and their effect on women’s mental health
- How to identify signs of mental illness in a loved one?
Music Therapy Research Paper Topics Mental Health
Music plays a significant role in enhancing mental health. Here are some mental health research paper topics on the role of music therapy in the field of mental health and treatments:
- Music therapy a complimentary approach to biomedicine
- Does music therapy facilitate enhanced healing?
- Efficacy of music therapy for older adults
- The role of music therapy in rehabilitation of mental health patients
- Music based interventions and the effects of music therapy
- Eating disorders and can music therapy help?
- Can music therapy help with mental health during menopause?
- Music therapy and its role in PTSD
Mental Health Nursing Research Paper Topics
If you are a nursing student you will certainly find these research paper topics for mental health useful for your assignment –
- Psychiatric care in adult patients of mental health disorders
- Non-chemical practices in bipolar disorder
- Mental health care for patients dealing with alcohol addiction
- Managing PTSD in armed forces veterans
- Ethics to deal with psychiatric patients
- Postpartum depression and how to identify and assist in early stages
- Identifying the signs and managing patients with eating disorder
- Mental illnesses common in soldiers returning from war
- Signs of mental illness that must never be ignored
- How to manage self-destructive mental health patients?
Controversial Research Paper Topics About Mental Health
Some mental health topics are controversial, but also well scoring if handled well. Take a look at some such topics worth considering –
- Do natural alternatives to anti-depressants work?
- Extreme postpartum depression leading to child harming tendencies
- Infertility and its effects on mental health of the couple
- Are more women suicidal than men?
- Effect of teen relationship problems on mental health
- The relationship between mental health and child abusers
- Physical abuse in marriage and its effect on mental health
- Rape and managing the emotional scars for effective healing
- Self-destructive tendencies in children – causes and cures
- Is it possible that there are people without conscience?
- Are video games making children violent and aggressive?
- Should criminals facing trial be subjected to genetic testing for impulse control?
- Mental health in teenagers and why they cut themselves
- Phobias – some of the most common and unusual fears people have
- Divorce and how it affects the mental health of children
- Is mental illness genetic
- Does discovery of being adopted affect mental health of a child?
If you are a college student wondering what is the best way to write a research paper or how to write an effective submission that will get you good grades, you can get in touch with us for writing help. Our team offers fast and cheap assistance with writing papers that are appropriate for your level of education.