Don’t know how to write a research paper? Don’t worry about it! Our expert writers have put together a long blog post that will help you with writing a research paper. We will tell you everything you need to know about this type of writing assignment and even give you the easy steps to writing a research paper.
In addition, we have a nice list of tips, tricks and advice for you. Writing a college research paper doesn’t have to be difficult. And yes, you can get an A or even an A+ on it, if you know what to do. However, you need to keep in mind that writing this type of essay can take days. If you don’t have the necessary time to write a college research paper, get in touch with our professional writers and get some help right away. Why risk getting a B- or worse when we can help you?
What Is A Research Paper?
We are assuming this is the first time you’ve encountered this kind of writing assignment. We know; the research paper sounds like a pretty complex essay. And it is! Did you know that most students don’t know how to do a research paper? Even people who do know how to write one don’t get a top grade every time.
Let’s start with the basics. What is a research paper?
Basically, a research paper is an essay in which you present all the findings and discuss the results after you have conducted in-depth research of the topic. You are free to use various primary and secondary sources such as books, newspapers, journals, and even other research papers. Just don’t forget to include a citation or a reference for each source you use.
Structure And Format Of Research Paper
Now, let’s talk a bit about the structure and format of a research paper. The good news is that all research papers follow the same structure and format. You don’t have to worry about unexpected chapters. The only thing you need to worry about is your professor’s requirements. Some teachers ask their students to write an abstract for their research papers. An abstract is a very condensed version of the essay, so it shouldn’t be difficult to write once you have written the large essay.
You are probably wondering about the format of such a paper. To give you an idea of what you have to write, we will just show you the format of the essay:
- Introduction – contains the thesis statement, as well as background information about the topic. You can include anything that captivates the attention of a potential reader. Make it interesting!
- Methods chapter – describes all the methods you have used to gather the data and conduct the research. It can include surveys, interviews, focus groups, forms, online tracking, observations, and so on.
- Results chapter – presents all the data you have uncovered during your research. Important: present the results, don’t discuss them yet! Leave the discussion for the Discussion chapter.
- Discussion chapter – discusses the relevance and importance of your findings. How do the findings support your thesis? Why is your research so important for the scientific community?
- Conclusion chapter – contains a summary of your most important talking points and findings. It’s used to further support your thesis and present a strong call to action to your readers.
Steps To Write A Research Paper
Are you worried that you won’t be able to do a great job and get a top grade on your research essay? We know that just showing you the structure of such a paper is not quite enough. Don’t worry, we have also expanded on the steps to write a research paper. Here is a condensed guide that should make it easy for you to write such an essay:
- Start by searching for the best possible topic. Make sure it’s original, of interest, and as interesting as possible.
- Do some research and create an outline. Use the most important talking points as the headings and then jot down some ideas under each heading.
- Conduct the research and experiments to gather the necessary data. Analyze the data and start writing the paper.
- Write the introduction. Start it with the thesis (what do you want to demonstrate with your research?). Use the rest of the intro to talk about the topic and discuss its importance for the scientific community. Why did you choose this topic? Why is it important? How will your research change the world?
- Write the Methods chapter. Present every method you have used to obtain the data in great detail. Another scholar should be able to replicate your experiments and get the same results after reading this chapter.
- Write the Results chapter. This is where you will present all your findings. This chapter can include graphs, tables, and most other data representations. Don’t leave anything out, or you may get penalized.
- Write the Discussion chapter. This is where you will discuss the data you have presented in the Results chapter. Make sure you show your readers how your findings support your thesis. Use important findings to support your thesis, but be prepared to accept the fact that some of your findings may not be exactly what you were expecting.
- Write the Conclusion. This is basically a short summary of the most important talking points in your research paper. Don’t forget to present the most important findings and restate how important they are for the scientific community. Wrap everything up with a strong call to action. Does something need further research? Do people need to take immediate action?
- Edit and proofread your work twice to make sure it is perfect in every way. Watch out for logical errors, as they can transform an A+ into a B- very quickly!
How To Write A College Research Paper: Tips, Tricks And Advice
Now that you know how to write a college research paper quickly for a top grade, it’s time to talk about some of the most effective tricks, tips and advice. Keep in mind that the little things can really make a difference, especially when it comes to a research paper. Professors really like it when they see that a student has made every effort to do a great job. Even if your paper is a bit lacking, you may still be able to get an A on it. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind when writing a research paper:
- Be very careful about citations and references. You must format them according to the writing style you are using (APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, etc.). Also, do your best to include all your sources either as references or as citations. Your professor won’t appreciate you using someone else’s work without giving credit.
- Pay attention to every guideline. Your professor may have specific requirements that you need to fulfil. It’s not enough to read our tutorial and then write the paper. You may end up with a penalty because you didn’t follow all the guidelines.
- Dedicate enough time to this project. We’ve told you once before: writing a research paper the right way requires time. We are talking about days of work if the topic is complex. Make sure you start as early as possible so that you have enough time to not only write the paper, but also do the necessary editing and proofreading work.
- Always start your project with an outline. Do some brainstorming and some research before you start. An outline will be the skeleton of your paper. It will contain all of the most important ideas and will keep on focused on the most important talking points. Did you know that even our most experienced academic writers start their projects with an outline?
- Dedicate some time to finding the perfect topic for your research paper. No, this is not as simple as it sounds. You want to find a topic that you can write a 5,000-word paper on. It shouldn’t be too generic or too narrow. It should be something that is of interest to the scientific community today. And if you don’t know what to write about, you can always get research proposal writing service help.
- Research the topic thoroughly. You will come across many topics that seem easy to write about. However, some of them may not be as simple as they seem. Before you choose your topic, make sure you do some research to find all possible issues or ramifications.
- Don’t forget to edit and proofread your work. We always encourage students to do it twice. You will be amazed by how many typos and other errors you will find. Why risk losing some points over such trivial mistakes?
- Bonus tip: Ask your parents or even close friends to read your research paper and give you feedback. In most cases, a fresh pair or eyes will find many things that can be better researched or written in a more logical way. Don’t underestimate the importance of reliable feedback.
Need Professional Research Paper Writing Help?
Help, I don’t know how to start a research paper! If you need some assistance, you have arrived at the right place. We can help you craft a great introduction or a breathtaking research paper conclusion in no time. If you don’t have enough time to write your paper, our affordable academic writers are here for you when you order custom term paper with us. You can quickly get help with research paper assignments even during the night because our customer support department is online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To write a good research paper, you will most likely need at least some professional research paper writing help. Let’s face it: this writing task is not easy at all. We are the best rated academic writing company on the Internet, so you can count on our experienced writers, editors and proofreader to send you a high quality essay for high school or college in as little as 3 hours.
Don’t forget to ask our customer support specialist about our latest discounts and offers because they can save you a lot of money. What are you waiting for? Get top notch research paper writing help right now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions we get about how to write a research paper:
Q: How long should a research paper be?
A: You can do a research paper in several ways. However, you should be careful not to make it too short or too long. Yes, this can get you penalized. On average, a good research paper should not be shorter than 4,000 words or longer than 6,000 words. The sweet spot is a length of around 5,000 words.
Q: How should I write the research paper introduction?
A: We know that most students are having trouble writing the introduction for their research papers. To write a good intro, you need to first state your thesis (what you aim to demonstrate, the scope of your work) and then continue with a bit of background information about the topic. Ideally, the introduction will end with a smooth transition to the first chapter (the Methods chapter).
Q: What does a research paper look like?
A: The research paper does not employ demonstrative or persuasive writing techniques. So, what does it resemble? Truth be told, the research essay is a smaller (and less complex) version of a dissertation. It is also similar to some theses.
Q: Any advice for a novice who doesn’t know how to write research paper?
A: Yes! We would advise you to read this entire article and write down the most important things you need to do to write a good research essay. If you have never written such an essay, we would also advise you to start early and reserve up to 7 days for this task. The learning curve can be pretty steep.
Q: Where can I get a good research paper sample online?
A: It can be difficult to find a good example, but you can get a 100% original (written from scratch) sample from our experts in 3 hours.
Q: Is your paper writing service cheap?
A: Our experts can write you a research essay for a very affordable price. Keep in mind that research papers writing is not easy. Don’t fall prey to scammers who try to lure you with prices of $5 or $10 per page. You will never get the quality you need to get a top grade from these people.