In order to successfully write a paper in APA format, it’s important to understand all the rules and stylistic concerns that you need to address before you even begin. The APA format isn’t overly difficult, but it’s essential that you follow the guidelines perfectly in order to get the best marks possible whenever you write paper assignments. Teachers in university level courses are always looking for ways to dock you marks – the more teachers give out A’s, the less the A means, so this causes an overcorrection in the marking schema. It’s important to never let your teacher give you demerits for any kind of stylistic reason, and it’s ultimately extremely easy to fix.
APA paper writing guidelines
• It’s important to use regular, 8 ½ x 11 paper and nothing else. Make sure it’s white and that it hasn’t already been used for any reason
• There should be 1 inch margins on all sides, including the top and bottom. This is to ensure that the teacher can write comments, as well as visual neatness concerns.
• The recommended, neutral font is Times New Roman 12. Try to stick to texts that are a similar style and size – handing in an essay in Comic Sans will absolutely get you penalized.
• The entire paper needs to be double (2x) and not single, or single-and-a-half (1.5x) spaced, once again, for visual concerns and for allowing the teacher to write notes on your paper.
• Include a page header on the top of every page. This allows the paper writer to list their name and the title of their paper on every page, so that it is easy to collect the entire paper if it ever becomes scattered or detached.
• Your paper should consist of the following elements, as a general outline:
o Title Page
• Your title page should consist of four elements: the Title itself, your name, the institution, an author’s note, and the page header
• On the Abstract page, write the word Abstract and center it on the page. Write a summary of your key points in the research you are presenting. Keep it shorter than 250 words.
• If applicable, include specific keywords relevant to your paper.
• For the Body, begin with an indented introduction and present your facts and arguments.
• For the reference page, include all of the following:
o Center and bold the word References at the top
o Alphabetize and double-space the entire entry list
o Cite all your relevant sources and ensure that they are accessible.
It’s not easy to write academic paper assignments in APA
Because there is always the chance that you can make a serious mistake. Even the best essay writers often write term paper assignments with errors and cause themselves to lose marks where they otherwise didn’t need to.
It’s easy to be careless and get demerits when you don’t intend, which is why it helps having an entire team of writers backing you up – there won’t be any errors in our papers because we have many sets of eyes looking at them and correcting any mistakes they find! It only makes sense to trust the professionals that have been doing this for years, who are on your side and willing to see you through all the difficulties that lie in your path. No matter who you are, what subject you’re taking, or what the project you’re working on is, we have the team that’s tailored specifically for your needs!